Members of the CAC and other Bar committees have spearheaded the creation of resources, including the How to Hire an Attorney resource, which covers the essentials when hiring a lawyer, including when and how to find a lawyer, different types of lawyers, and what to do if you aren’t happy with the lawyer you’ve chosen. The Florida Bar and its legal community are committed to improving access to justice. If you need legal aid, please visit Pro Bono & Legal Aid.
Questions about The Florida Bar
What does The Florida Bar do?
- Protects the public by regulating lawyers and investigating and prosecuting people who practice law without a license.
- Administers a Lawyer Referral Service to connect consumers to trusted, verified attorneys.
- Develops and distributes information designed to educate the public about the judicial system, legal services and topics, and more.
- Helps resolve disputes between consumers and attorneys through the Legal Fee Arbitration and Grievance Mediation
- Operates the Attorney Consumer Assistance Program for consumers who are dissatisfied or think a lawyer may have acted unethically and want to consider filing a complaint.